FAQs | Covid-19 Policies
Welcome to Breathing Place.
Thank you for booking a class at Breathing Place. We want you to feel welcome and relaxed and begin to feel the benefits of our classes both on and off the mat. Read the following FAQs to help make your experience at Breathing Place as enjoyable as possible. Namasté.
Breathing place has implemented new policies to keep you safe and adhere to Covid-19 guidelines. Please read below before attending your visit back to the studio. These precautions rely on each student and teacher taking personal responsibility for their own health and wellbeing as well as that of our fellow community members.
- You are required to sign our Covid-19 Health Declaration before each visit to class.
- All studio class sizes are now limited to 6 persons with social distancing.
- All classes will be a maximum of one hour.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 5 mins before class time.
- Exit the studio promptly after class. Do not hang around in groups after class.
- The studio and treatment room will be cleaned using Specialist Covid-19 Deep Cleaning and Sanitisation with Virucidal sanitisation on all surfaces killing 99.99% of pathogens.
- Please make sure you sanitise as you enter and exit. Hand sanitiser is available at reception, studio and treatment room.
- Follow the mandatory ‘Mask to Mat’ policy. Wear a mask entering and exiting the studio.
- Please wear slip-off shoes and remove before walking into the studio. Bring your own mat, towel and props. Travel light and avoid bringing unnecessary items to class. Avoid congestion at reception and go straight to your mat upon registration.
- If you are presenting any symptoms/feel unwell. Please do not attend any classes in the studio.
- If you have traveled to any country not on the green-list, please ensure you do not attend any studio classes for 14 days upon arrival in Ireland. Missed studio classes can be made up online.
Refrain from eating 1 to 2 hours before practice or eat very light as yoga is best practised on an empty stomach.
What to wear
Comfortable clothes such as a T-shirt with leggings or tracksuit bottoms that will allow you to stretch. Please do not wear chunky pants that will inhibit the teacher’s ability to spot misalignments. Yoga is best practised in clean bare feet.
- Please remove shoes at the door as we practice barefoot yoga. Practicing barefoot yoga allows a better grip to your yoga mat and will make you feel more grounded.
- Ensure to turn mobile phones to silent or off before class begins.
- Please mind your personal hygiene. Arrive fresh, wear clean clothes and avoid strong perfumes. Please do not rent a studio mat or walk around barefoot if you have verrucas or other contagious foot complaints.
- Minimise conversation in the studio before the class begins. This is a quiet time to centre, meditate or set intention before class. Respect the sacred space and remain quiet during Savasana.
What to bring
Bring a non-slip yoga mat (these can be purchased on the first class). Your own yoga mat is recommended for cleanliness and self-practice at home. For hot classes, a yoga sweat towel (available in our yoga shop) that provides a slip-resistant and hygienic practice surface is recommended. Please ensure your mat is clean and your towel is fresh. You might also like to bring water for after class. You may enjoy a blanket and socks for relaxation. Most importantly… bring an openness to experience yoga.
All Class fees at Breathing Place are non-refundable once a course commences. Courses and yoga workshops are non-transferable and must be used within the specified time. For a refund on pre-booked courses, classes or workshops, cancellation must be made in advance; the refund policy is as follows:
- 50% refund if cancelled 10 days prior to start
- 25% refund if cancelled within 10 days of start
- 0% refund once a course commences.
It is not possible to carry forward missed classes from a pre-booked course into the next term.
- Missed Class Policy: Missed classes can be made up within the same term by attending on another day/class but cannot be carried forward to the next term.
- Due to reduced capacity during Covid-19 pandemic, missed classes can only be made up by taking an online class within the same term but cannot be carried forward to the next term.
- Please travel light and avoid bringing unnecessary items to class. Breathing Place cannot take responsibility for any personal belongings that may be lost, stolen or misplaced.
- All lost and founds items will be held for 30 days after which they will be donated to charity